Chocolatty Walnut Brownie
It is a very basic recipe of Brownie. I was lucky enough to learn this recipe of Chocolatty Walnut Brownie from a lady who was making it professionally and it was very famous in my city. This Brownie tastes out of this world. It will be unfair if I try to explain its taste and texture in words that do not justify enough the actual joy of eating it. Just try it and experience what I mean.
Chocolatty Walnut Brownie
- Bread tin
- standard measuring cups and spoons
- 5 tbsp salted butter add a pinch of salt to the batter if the butter is unsalted
- 1/2 cup sugar can be adjusted according to your taste
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder use the best quality to get the best taste
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 small size eggs *they must be cold at the time of use* replace them with one large egg if you want the brownie to be fudgy
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour/maida/cake flour/refined wheat flour
- 3/4 cup pieces of walnuts adjust quantity or totally skip it, according to your taste.
- 1/2 cup pieces of your favourite milk chocolate (Iused 40g of Dairymilk TopDeck use the best quality to get the best taste
- To prepare a double boiler, you need a pot and a deep and wide bowl with brims that sits perfectly on the pot.
- Fill the pot with water till 1/4 level.
- Combine butter, sugar, salt and cocoa powder in the bowl.
- Place the plate on the pot with water. Transfer this double boiler on the stove at the lowest flame. If the flame is fast, the water will start boiling, which will create a lot of steam that may escape from the double boiler and drop in our mixture. This moisture can harden our mixture, so protect this mixture from any type of moisture or water.
- Mix occasionally for even cooking.
- Allow the butter and sugar to melt and blend well. However, the sugar will not melt completely, but will remain with smaller granuals. That's perfect. Cook the mixture till it's smooth and hot -not boiling.
- Remove the bowl from the pot. Rest it aside to bring down the temperature of the mixture from hot to warm. Add eggs in the mixture. ENSURE THAT YOU DO NOT ADD EGGS IN HOT MIXTURE OR ELSE THE EGGS WILL START GETTING COOKED.
- Combine everything well using a wooden spoon or a rubber spetula. DO IT QUICKLY ENOUGH TO RESIST THE COOKING OF EGGS.
- The technique to combine this mixture is – cut through the mixture and fold in. This technique helps to fill air in the batter and it helps to combine the slippery batter well.
- Add flour when the batter looks thick, shiny and well blended..
- Fold in the mixture and combine everything well.
- Add chocolate.
- Add walnuts. Combine again.
- The batter will have the dropping consistency. You won't be able to pour it.
- Line the tin with a butter paper/parchment paper/wax paper. Pour the batter in the tin. Spread it evenly in the tray using a spetula. Tap the tin.
- Bake it for 20-25 min in the preheated oven at 165c – middle to low rake. Check it after 20 min by touching at the middle. Place it back in the oven for another few minutes if the middle feels wet. Do the toothpick test if the middle does not feel wet. It is ready if the toothpick comes out neat.
- The brownie leaves the butter paper when ready – that's another sign.
- Brownie feels soft like cake when hot. It gets its actual fudgy and cookie-like texture after it cools down.
- Cut it into slices or pieces of your size using a bread cutting knife.
- Take a look at a piece of it, isn't it too tempting to resist?
- It is very important to prepare a proper double boiler so the steam does not escape and drip on the mixture.
- Maintain the low water level and the lowest temperature of the double boiler.
- Take extra care while baking, especially after 20 minutes of baking. Over baking can make the brownie hard as a stone.y4
- I used 40g of Dairymilk Top Deck chocolate to the brownie. You can use any of your favourite chocolate.
- Enjoy it as it is
- Spread some nutella or melted chocolate
- Serve hot brownie with vanilla ice cream
- make brownie sizzler – the recipe of it will be uploaded soon.
- make brownie trifle with the layers of brownie, whipped cream and strawberry slices