Multi purpose Green Chutney
Multipurple Green Dip
There are numerous varieties of Indian dip. It differs from person to person, home to home and region to region. Each dip has its own importance in the making of a dish.This particular dip is basically from the state of Gujarat. It can be used in sandwitches and toasts or served with any Indian savory dish like undhiyu, handvo, sev khamni, bhajiya (fritters) and dhokla. It is widely used in the street food varieties like dabeli, vadapau, sev usal, dahi vada etc.It's really quick and easy to make.
- electric mixer grinder
- handful of coriander leaves
- 7 strands green garlic or 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2-3 tbsp water to grind
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 pieces green chillies (you may add more or totally skip it)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp sesame seeds to garnish
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixi jar.
- Add lemon juice and 2-3 tbsp water.
- Grind. The chutney should be like a flowy paste, but not watery. That's why it doesn't need any ground nuts or any other such thickener.
- Transfer it in a jar or a serving bowl and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Store in the refrigerator and consume within 3 days max.