Sevaiya Rabdi Delight
A delightful dessert for any occasion. It’s also a visual treat that will enhance the beauty of your dining table.
Sevaiya Rabdi Delight
A delightful dessert for any occasion. It's also a visual treat that will enhance the beauty of your dining table.
- cup cake mould
For sevaiya cups
- 100 grams vermicelli
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 3 tbsp condensed milk
For instant Rabdi
- 4 tbsp cashew powder
- 4 sugar sugar
- 4 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp cardemom powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup fresh cream (malai)
- 2 tbsp almond and pistachio slices (keep some for decoration)
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 tbsp chironji (charoli)
- 4 cherries or fruit flavoured gummies (gummies taste better)
- To make vermicelli cups : Take a cupcake mould/ Dal bowls. Place plastic on it. Keep it aside.
- Take a nonstick pan. Add vermicelli, crunch it up a bit to make them small in size.
- Add ghee and roast on very low flame till they get brown. Stir continuously for even roasting.
- Next add 2 tbsp water and roast for another minute.
- Add condensed milk, mix well and remove from flame.
- This is how it will look when cooked and mixed well.
- While the sevaiya is still hot, take a portion of it, place it on the cupcake mould and press it evenly to give it a cup shape.
- Prepare all the cups likewise. Transfer them in fridge for 10-15 min to set.
- combine cashew powder, milk powder, sugar and conflour in a nonstick pan.
- Add a little milk at a time and make a smooth lump-free mixure.
- Add fresh cream and combine. Put it over low flame. Stir constantly.
- The mixture will thicken in a minute or two and take a form of Rabdi. Add almond, pista, chironji, saffron and cardemom. Combine well and remove from flame. Let it cool a bit.
- Take out sevaiya cups from the fridge. Plae them on a serving tray.
- Pour some rabdi in them and top them up with almond-pistachio slices. Place a cherry or any fruit flavoured gummy on top.
- Serve it hot or cold.
- The cups can be made a few days in advance. Refrigerate them in an airtight container so they do not dry out or get chewy.
- You can use dal bowls or canapes cups in case you do not have a cupcake mould.